This page shows Mummaonamissions legal document
Constitution- Governing Document
The name of the organisation shall be
Mummaonamission Supporting Students with Mental health Illnesses (MSSMH)
The aim of the Group is :
To deliver a mental health support service free of charge to students at universities initially, then branching out to collages. To develop a mental health register & App, A service that has 24 hour support using professional medical staff to talk to students in crisis and to monitor the App, These positions will be paid by the organisation, this service will bypass the need for a middle person when a student is having a mental health crisis
The aim is to bring the mental health register & App to all UK universities, Students will on application to a university fill out the mental health register while the student has full capacity to make a lifesaving decision , thus giving permission on the register to gain entry into premises of a student on university campus. To make a difference and to save lives.
To further these aims the committee shall have power to:
- Obtain, collect and receive money or funds by way of contributions, donations, grants and any other lawful method towards the aims of the Group.
- To open a bank account in the name of the Group
- To work in partnership with other local groups and with residents where they help further the aims of the Group
- Do all such lawful things as will further the aims of the Group
- To decide where funds can be used to further support for students and their families
- The Mummonamission website will have a member's area open to any persons over the age of 16.
- The Management Committee shall have the power to approve or reject applications for membership or to terminate the membership of any member provided that the member shall have the right to be heard by the committee before a final decision is made.
- A Management Committee elected annually at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall manage the Group.
- The Management committee shall consist of a chair, secretary, treasurer, and up to a maximum of x other voting members.
- The committee may co-opt up to a further 3 voting members who shall resign at the next Annual General Meeting when they will be able to stand for election.
- The committee shall meet at least 4 times each year.
- At least 3 committee members must be present at a committee meeting to be able to make decisions.
- A proper record of all transactions and meetings shall be kept.
- An Annual General Meeting shall be held within 18 months of the date of the adoption of this constitution and each year thereafter.
- Notices of the AGM shall be published at least three weeks beforehand.
- A report on the Group's financial position for the previous year will be presented at the AGM
- A Special General Meeting may be called at any time at the request of the committee, or not less than one quarter of the membership. A notice explaining the place, date, time and reason shall be sent to all members three weeks beforehand.
- One third of membership or four members being present, whichever is the greater, shall enable a General Meeting to take place.
- Proposals to change the constitution must be given in writing to the secretary at least 14 days before a general meeting and approved by a two thirds majority of those present and voting.
- The funds of the group including all donations, contributions and bequests, shall be paid into an account operated by the management committee. All cheques drawn on the account must be signed by at least two members of the Management Committee.
- The funds belonging to the group shall be applied only to further the aims of the group.
- A current record of all income, funding and expenditure will be kept.
- The Group may be dissolved by a resolution passed by a simple two-thirds majority of those present and voting at a Special General Meeting.
- If confirmed, the committee shall distribute any assets remaining after the payment of all bills to other charitable group(s) or organisation(s) having aims similar to the Group or some other charitable purpose(s) as the Group may decide.